A second lawsuit was filed this week in connection with a carbon monoxide leak that occurred in January at a South Charleston, W.V., Holiday Inn Express and Suites. The leak allegedly caused the death of one man, William Moran (whose widow filed suit in March), and seriously injured others.
Bain Edmondson, Moran's Rosciti Construction Group colleague, was among those who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at the hotel. He and his wife filed suit against the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites for, among other allegations, "reckless disregard for the safety and health of the public and in particular the unknowing guests of the Holiday Inn Express at South Charleston."
After being found unresponsive in the hotel and hospitalized in critical condition for several days following the event, Edmondson claims that the carbon monoxide poisoning he suffered resulted in serious neurological, heart and lung complications, as well as mental and emotional distress. The Edmondson family seeks both compensatory and punitive damages, naming as defendants the hotel and numerous other parties.
Motley Rice has an office in Morgantown, W.V., and represents the Edmondson family along with co-counsel James Barber. The case will be heard in the Kanawha County Circuit Court, and hearings have not yet been scheduled.
Read more about the carbon monoxide poisoning case in an article featured by Charleston Daily Mail.