News

Filter By

Clear Filters

February 1, 2012

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: One dead and several sick from leak at W.Va. hotel

On Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012, a swimming pool heater allegedly caused a carbon monoxide leak that killed a Rhode Island man and seriously injured others at a Corridor G Holiday Inn Express in South Charleston, West Va. The carbon monoxide levels at the hotel were measured at 500 to 600 parts per million. According to authorities, any reading over 30 parts per million is cause for concern. The victims were staying on the hotel's fifth floor, but carbon monoxide levels were high in other parts of the hotel according to the South Charleston Fire Chief,

Read More

January 31, 2012

Canadian Contractor Jailed: Vancouver employer sentenced for exposing workers to asbestos

On Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012, Metro Vancouver employer Arthur Moore was sentenced to 60 days in jail by the B.C. Supreme Court for failing to adequately protect his employees while they handled asbestos. According to court documents, Moore often hired young, recovering addicts and knowingly exposed them to asbestos during demolition work without providing the necessary protective equipment.

Read More