Investment Education Symposium: Securities lawyer presenting on asset recovery
Motley Rice securities lawyers Marlon Kimpson and Badge Humphries will both be on hand at the upcoming OPAL Financial Group's annual Investment Education Symposium held in conjunction with the Louisiana Trustee Education Council (LaTec). The public pension fund conference will take place at the Astor Crown Plaza in New Orleans Feb. 15 - 17, 2012.
On Thursday, Feb. 16, at 9:20 a.m. Kimpson will be a general session speaker addressing asset recovery in a presentation entitled, "I Want My Money Back: public funds have a stake in securities litigation."
Additional topics that will be covered at this year's symposium include:
- Ethical and fiduciary challenges for plan sponsors
- Future of securities litigation as it pertains to institutional investors
- Future of the hedge fund industry
- Identifying legal rights in international investments
- Investment styles and strategies
- Legal issues facing public pension plans
- Louisiana retirement legislation
- Private equity markets
- Private vs. government recoveries in securities fraud cases
Read more about the 2012 Investment Education Symposium, including its guest speakers and agenda.