March 9, 2014
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Aviation attorneys discuss the flight with media
At approximately 2:40 a.m. (UTC) on Saturday, March 8, 2014, Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 lost contact with the Subang Air Traffic Control. The flight departed from Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia, and was in route to Beijing, China. According to the airlines, the plane carried 227 passengers and 12 crew members.
While the search and investigation are ongoing, Motley Rice aviation attorney and former U.S. Department of Transportation Inspector General, Mary Schiavo and aviation attorney Jim Brauchle have discussed several topics in various news outlets, including the search, the technology features on the plane and the reported stolen passports.
Watch other interviews and read other articles:
- CNN (June 18, 2014): Outside group tells governments where to search for Flight 370
- CNN (June 16, 2014): MH370: How long will the search continue?
- Popular Mechanics (May 28, 2014): Sat company releases MH370 data--and it's totally unhelpful
- The Epoch Times (May 9, 2014): Missing plane found? No, and several experts say Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 likely not found for a while
- CNN Blog (May 7, 2014): Poll: 46% of Americans think Flight MH370 search is in the wrong place
- The Week Magazine (May 3, 2014): Secrets of the black box
- The Daily Star (May 2, 2014): Bangladesh sends 2 navy ships to verify MH370 wreckage claim
- CNN (May 1, 2014): Screams, tears as airline urges Flight 370 relatives to return home
- Crikey (April 24, 2014): MH370: What debris from jet could look like
- Malaysian Insider (April 16, 2014): Sea Dragon and other probes that can go deeper may take over if mini-sub fails says CNN
- CNN (April 14, 2014): Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Pings go silent; search goes underwater
- CNN (April 13, 2014): MH370: Is it time to stop searching for pings?
- UK Mirror (April 11, 2014): Flight MH370 disappeared 120 miles after crossing BACK over Malay Peninsula flying at just 4,000 feet - claim officials
- The Malay Mail Online (April 9, 2014): Experts believe searchers sure of MH370 location
- CNN (April 10, 2014): How deep is deep? Imagining the MH370 search underwater
- CNN Wire (April 5, 2014): New findings could refocus Malaysia Airlines jet search
- CNN (April 3, 2014): Flight 370 search: 'It could take months, it could take years'
- Arise America TV (April 1, 2014): Missing plane - Malaysia Airlines
- CNN (April 1, 2014): After 25 days, plenty of ocean trash, questions, but no sign of Flight 370
- NY Daily News (March 31, 2014): New 'last words' from missing Malaysia Airlines plane revealed as search continues
- Washington Post (March 30, 2014): New nature of jet disasters: Unprecendented
- NineMSN (Australia) (March 29, 2014): TODAY: New lead on Malaysia Airlines plane
- The Verge (March 28, 2014): Airline 'black boxes' are drowning in red tape
- CNN (March 27, 2014): This is it! Wait, not really - a history of Flight 370 object spotting
- Radio New Zealand News (March 27, 2014): Call for automatic download of flight info
- Newstalk ZB (March 25, 2014): Mary Schiavo: Inmarsat finds MH370 crash site
- Nine MSN (March 24, 2014): Malaysian refusal to hamper MH370 search
- CNN (March 24, 2014): Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Get up to speed on the latest developments
- Newstalk ZB (March 24, 2014): Fresh images of possible MH370 debris
- CNN (March 21, 2014): Mystery of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 could spur air safety changes
- CNN (March 20, 2014): Objects spotted in Indian Ocean may be debris from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- CNN (March 20, 2014): No sign of mystery objects as Australia suspends search for the day
- KTVZ (March 19, 2014): Australia suspends search for mystery objects
- KDVR (March 19, 2014): Experts answer questions on Twitter about missing Malaysian Flight
- CNN (March 18, 2014): New evidence in Flight 370 search explains plane's path
- The Telegraph (March 18, 2014): Missing Flight MH370: Aviation experts focus on hijack case
- CNN (March 18, 2014): Could Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 have slipped by radar?
- CNNi (March 17, 2014): Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 search grows as pilots face increased scrutiny
- CSPAN (March 16, 2014): Washington Journal: Airline safety
- The Australian (March 15, 2014): The plane that simply vanished
- Bloomberg (March 14, 2014): Malaysia expands search area for missing Flight 370
- Fox News (March 14, 2014): Following the data trail of the missing Malaysia Airlines jet
- BILD Amerika Report (March 13, 2014): Phantom Flight MH370
- BBC World Service (March 13, 2014): Decoding the clues to Flight 370
- CNN Wire (March 13, 2014): Officials: Malaysian plane may have flown long after last contact
- WQSC - Bryan Crabtree Radio Show (March 13, 2014): How can you make sure you're not traveling to the next Malaysia 370
- CTV News Canada (March 12, 2014): Search for missing plane
- Talk Radio 790 KABC - Los Angeles (March 12, 2014): Conflicting reports on missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- NPR (March 12, 2014): Expert suspects fuselage cracking in missing plane
- AsiaOne (March 12, 2014): 'Rare to have one stolen passport, much less two'
- CNN (March 12, 2014): Satellite photos may show Flight 370 debris
- 21st Century Business Herald (March 11, 2014)
- CNN (March 10, 2014): No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- CNN (March 10, 2014): Is missing jet part of bigger plot?
- CNN's Anderson Cooper (March 10, 2014): Possible causes for the loss of Flight 370
- WTOP Radio (March 10, 2014): Malaysian "Mystery Plane"
- CNN (March 10, 2014):Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- CNN (March 10, 2014):Is missing jet part of bigger plot?
- campbell live (3 News, New Zealand) (March 10, 2014):Exclusive: The search for flight MH370
- WCBD (March 9, 2014): Finding missing aircraft important for future of plane assembly
- CNN (March 9, 2014): International crews search for plane
- CNBC (March 9, 2014): MH370 draws comparison to Air France flight tragedy
- Financial Express (March 8, 2014): Malaysia Airlines plane missing; Boeing offers help
- CNN (March 8, 2014): Flight 370: Stolen passports raise concerns
- CNN (March 8, 2014): Quest: Malaysia Airlines jet was at 'safest point' in flight
- CNN (March 7, 2014): Aviation expert: 'Seconds matter'
- Guardian Liberty Voice (March 7, 2014): Malaysian Airlines plane went down off Vietnam Coast says state media
Learn more about Motley Rice’s aviation team and the firm's aviation practice.
Download the Motley Rice aviation brochure in Chinese
*Motley Rice attorneys are working with associated Chinese speaking co-counsel.