June 15, 2011
ACS National Convention: Motley Rice co-founder to participate in securities litigation panel
Motley Rice co-founder Joe Rice will speak at the American Constitution Society's (ACS) 10th Anniversary National Convention, "Constitution at the Crossroads: Progress Imperiled?" June 16 to June 18, 2011, at the Capital Hilton in Washington, D.C.
Rice will participate in a roundtable discussion covering the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act on June 17 from 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Topics posed to the panel will include:
- Whether current law adequately protects investors
- Dodd-Frank provision of adequate enforcement options for investors
- Congressional consideration of a legislative response to Supreme Court decisions Stoneridge and Morrison
- How Dodd-Frank deals with secondary liability issues
- Whether private right of action is a necessity
Bringing together more than a thousand of our nation's judges, scholars, students and policymakers, the ACS National Convention will provide attendees with a chance to participate in engaging discussions and debates about important public policy and legal issues with members of Congress, lawyers and companies from across the country.
Read more about the 2011 ACS National Convention, including its guest speakers and agenda.