October 17, 2012
Benchmark Guide Recognition: Motley Rice honored with top tier national and state rankings
Several attorneys recognized at "Litigation Stars"
Motley Rice is proud to announce that the 2013 editions of both Benchmark Plaintiff, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Plaintiff Firms & Attorneys and Benchmark Litigation, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys have recognized the firm, as well as individual attorneys, in national and local rankings, highlighting the firm's diversity across practice areas varying from human rights and toxic tort to securities and product liability.
Motley Rice asbestos attorney Nathan Finch was selected as a "local litigation star" in the fifth annual edition of Benchmark Litigation, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys for his work in Civil Litigation, Creditors' Rights and White-Collar Crime.
In Benchmark Plaintiff, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Plaintiff Firms & Attorneys, Motley Rice was ranked for the second consecutive year as a "Highly Recommended" local litigation firm in Rhode Island, South Carolina and Washington, D.C., and ranked nationally in both the Civil Rights/Human Rights and Mass Tort/Product Liability Tier 1 categories.
The following attorneys were individually selected as national and/or local "Litigation Stars":
- Kevin Dean: Mass Tort/Product Liability
- Jodi Westbrook Flowers: Civil Rights/Human Rights; Mass Tort/Product Liability
- Anne McGinness Kearse: Mass Tort/Product Liability
- Ronald Motley: Civil Rights/Human Rights; Mass Tort/Product Liability
- Joseph Rice: Mass Tort/Product Liability
- Mary Schiavo: Mass Tort/Product Liability
- Kevin Dean: Product Liability (South Carolina)
- Nathan Finch: Product Liability, Securities (Washington, D.C.)
- Jodi Westbrook Flowers: Environmental, Human Rights, Mass Tort, Securities (South Carolina)
- Vincent Greene IV: Environmental, Medical Malpractice, Toxic Tort (Rhode Island)
- Rebecca M. Katz: Securities (New York)
- Anne McGinness Kearse: Mass Tort, Product Liability (South Carolina)
- Marlon Kimpson: Environmental, Mass Tort, Securities (South Carolina)
- Robert McConnell: Environmental, Toxic Tort (Rhode Island)
- Donald Migliori: Human Rights, Product Liability (Rhode Island)
- Ronald Motley: Human Rights, Product Liability, Securities, Toxic Tort (South Carolina)
- Vincent Parrett: Human Rights, Product Liability, Securities, Toxic Tort (South Carolina)
- Joseph Rice: Environmental, Mass Tort, Product Liability (South Carolina)
- Mary Schiavo: Mass Tort, Securities (South Carolina)
Benchmark Litigation focuses entirely on the U.S. litigation market and is the parent of Benchmark Plaintiff , which was developed to be the only guide focusing solely on plaintiff litigation in the United States. These publications recognizing firms' work and the lawyers "recommended consistently as reputable and effective litigators by clients and peers."
Visit the Benchmark website to learn about the selection methodology and the complete list of rankings >
About Motley Rice LLC
Motley Rice is one of the nation's largest plaintiffs' litigation firms. With a tradition of representing those whose rights have been violated, Motley Rice attorneys gained recognition for their pioneering asbestos lawsuits, their work with the State Attorneys General in the landmark litigation against Big Tobacco and their representation of 9/11 families in the ongoing lawsuit against terrorist financiers. The firm continues to handle complex litigation in numerous areas, including securities and consumer fraud, mesothelioma, environmental contamination such as the BP oil spill; prescription drugs such as Topamax® and Actos®; medical devices such as pelvic mesh and Depuy® hip replacements; human rights; aviation disasters; and wrongful death. Motley Rice is headquartered in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., and has additional offices in California; Connecticut; Louisiana; Washington, D.C.; New York; Rhode Island and West Virginia. For more information about Motley Rice, contact Joe Rice (DC, SC) at 1.800.768.4026. Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.