We understand the pain, confusion, distraction and questions that often follow tragic events and know that many clients feel overwhelmed by the emotional circumstances that brought them to us. While coping with the loss of a loved one or the devastation of a serious and permanent injury, survivors face numerous other obstacles such as medical expenses and loss of income, as well as many important decisions, including whether or not to get involved in a lawsuit.
Choosing to pursue a claim is something that most of our clients never imagined they would one day face. We make an effort to walk you through the litigation process and assure you that we are at your side throughout the entire legal process, whether in the courtroom, in the hospital or at your home, to demand answers and seek justice and accountability as well as the compensation you need for medical expenses, loss of income and long-term care and rehabilitation.
At Motley Rice, we work closely with our clients who have been affected by severe, often preventable injuries such as brain or spinal injuries, burns and other physical and mental damages to help hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
If you would like to learn more about your legal rights and options related to a personal injury or wrongful death, please contact our catastrophic injury team by email or call 1.800.768.4026.
Let Us Help You
We can help you, just as we have represented other families, adults and children whose lives have been forever changed by tragic death or severe injuries sustained from unsafe working conditions; carbon monoxide leaks; gas explosions; defective or dangerous products such as vehicle defects, toys, medical drugs and devices; uncontrollable fires; transportation disasters; roadway defects and other instances involving negligence. Resulting injuries may include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Emotional distress
- Loss of limb and paralysis
- Severe burns and scarring
Navigating a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In addition to helping you seek compensation and demand accountability from those responsible for negligence or wrongdoing, we work to find answers to the questions that are important to you and your loved ones. Our goal is also to help bring to light the issues specific to your case, which can ultimately influence positive safety improvements that may prevent similar tragic events from hurting others in the future.
We guide our clients through every step of the process, helping to remove the burden and anxiety they feel, and giving them the support, information and means they need to take control.
At Motley Rice, our goal is not only to seek improvements in workplace safety and product development through our civil justice system, but also to give our clients a voice.
Types of Catastrophic Personal Injury Cases
The Motley Rice Catastrophic Personal Injury team litigates personal injury, premise liability and wrongful death lawsuits to seek accountability and change, as well as compensation for damages such as medical expenses, loss of income, long-term care and rehabilitation. Too often, public safety is compromised by:
- Defective Products and Product Recalls: Consumer and worker safety is too often put at risk by negligence, poor manufacturing, inadequate quality, product recalls, or inadequate warnings or labels on a wide range of products.
- Vehicle Defects: Victims of car crashes are often unaware that a defective vehicle or component part may have contributed to, enhanced or caused the accident as well as caused worse injuries. Read more about our work in vehicle defect lawsuits, including cases involving Takata exploding airbags and GM ignition defects.
- Fires, Explosions and Burn Injuries: Sudden explosions, property fires, industrial explosions and defective products can cause serious, life-altering injuries.
- Train, Truck and Bus Injuries: The failure of mass transportation businesses such as trucking, bus or train companies to meet established standards is also a failure to protect other passengers on the road.
- Catastrophic Motorcycle Crashes: Drivers and passengers of motorcycles often suffer life-altering injuries in crashes, including brain and spinal cord injuries and lost limbs. We work to protect crash victims’ rights when they have been injured by someone else’s negligence.
- Childhood Injuries: It may seem like you can never do enough to keep your child safe, but there is a terrible difference between injuries that happen under a parent’s cautious supervision and injuries caused by a manufacturer or premise owner’s negligence, such as elevator injuries.
- Head Trauma and Brain Injuries: When a person or company fails to take the steps necessary to create a safe product or environment and you suffer a traumatic injury as a result, such as carbon monoxide poisoning or near drowning, we believe that the violator should be held accountable.
- Spinal Injuries: Spinal injuries can have a sudden and devastating impact on the injured, as well as on loved ones, that can be incredibly difficult to deal with, especially when they occur because of someone else’s neglect.
Motley Rice LLC, a South Carolina Limited Liability Company, is engaged in the New Jersey practice of law through Motley Rice New Jersey LLC. Esther Berezofsky attorney responsible for New Jersey practice.