A trial lawyer with more than 30 years of experience litigating complex mass torts, Esther Berezofsky has devoted her career to representing communities impacted by environmental contamination and fighting for the rights of consumers, individuals and families impacted by fraud and misconduct across a range of litigation areas.
Active in the legal community, Esther previously served as Board President of Public Justice, a national public interest law firm, and continues to serve on its Board of Directors. She also sits on the Board of Governors of the New Jersey Association of Justice and was awarded the Gold Medal for Distinguished Service in 2008.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and the Technological Disaster, 18 Rutgers Law Journal 623 (1987), reprinted in BNA Toxic Law Reporter, Vol. 2 No. 11 (August 12, 1987)
- Toxic Tort Litigation the Future Impact of Current Legislation, Trial Magazine (October 1988), reprinted in The Superfund Report, Mealey Publications (December 1988)
- New Jersey Mass Torts & Class Action Treatise, Chapter 5 Environmental Torts 2016
- Legal and Liability Considerations in Asbestos, Chapter in The Hazardous Fiber, CRC Press, Inc. Trial Magazine (January 2012)
- Book Review: All the Money Justice Can Buy: Corporate Greed on Trial
Motley Rice LLC, a South Carolina Limited Liability Company, is engaged in the New Jersey practice of law through Motley Rice New Jersey LLC. Esther Berezofsky attorney responsible for New Jersey practice.
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1987
M.A., Wayne State University, 1982
B.A., Wayne State University, 1980
American Association for Justice Chair, Section on Toxic Environmental and Pharmaceutical Executive Committee
Public Justice Past President; Board of Directors
New Jersey Association of Justice Board of Governors
- New Jersey
Admitted to Practice Before
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, and the Northern District of New York