Medical lawyer to speak at mass tort symposium
Motley Rice's medical practice group leader Fred Thompson will serve as a guest speaker at the 10th Annual Class Action and Mass Tort Symposium being held at the Roosevelt New Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, La., on Friday, December 10, 2010.
This seminar brings together speakers from across the nation to address emerging issues in class action and mass tort law. Michael Rozen of Feinberg Rozen, LLP, the firm overseeing the Gulf Coast Claims Facility (GCCF), will serve as the seminar's keynote speaker. The event is sponsored by the Louisiana State Bar Association (LSBA) and co-sponsored by the LSBA's Insurance, Tort, Workers' Compensation & Admiralty Section.
At 3 p.m., Thompson will be speaking with Harry F. Bell of The Bell Law Firm for a presentation entitled MDL Exit Strategies.
Other topics of discussion will include:
- Ethical Guidance in Complex Litigation
- Managing, Coordinating and Communicating with Experts in Complex Litigation
- Multidistrict Litigation: A Practitioner's Global Positioning Guide
- Navigating Preemption: Current Jurisprudential and Legislative Developments
- The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
- The Technology Required to Compete
Motley Rice medical attorneys advocate on behalf of individuals suffering from potentially dangerous prescription drugs and defective devices and fight to hold accountable those responsible for negligent medical care, corporate wrongdoing and inadequate research and product development.
Learn more about the BP oil spill and how Motley Rice oil spill lawyers are fighting on behalf of individuals and businesses suffering as a result of the oil spill damage.