Garnering National Honors: Motley Rice and several members listed in publication
Motley Rice is proud to announce that many of its members were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®2014, the 20th Edition. The Best Lawyers list is based on a national survey involving more than 4 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers. Read about The Best Lawyers in America selection process. Read about the Connecticut selection process.
These Motley Rice members are listed by The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 in the following categories:
• Fidelma L. Fitzpatrick: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs
• Anne M. Kearse: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs
• Robert J. McConnell: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs
• Donald A. Migliori: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs
• William H. Narwold: Litigation- Banking & Finance; Litigation - Mergers & Acquisitions; Litigation - Securities
• Joseph F. Rice: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs
• Mary F. Schiavo: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs
In addition, U.S. News - Best Lawyers® has again named the firm in its 2014 National and Metropolitan First-Tier rankings of “Best Law Firms” in the below categories. This is the first year the firm has been ranked in the New York, NY Metropolitan First-Tier Rankings.
National First-Tier Rankings
Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs
Metropolitan First-Tier Rankings
Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action - Plaintiffs and Personal Injury
Litigation- Plaintiffs (Charleston, S.C.)
Litigation - Banking & Finance (Hartford, C.T.)
Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action - Plaintiffs (New York, N.Y.)
Best Lawyers is based on a peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas and lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed. The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 (Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC).