If you'd like to learn more about any of the case opportunities and specific criteria below, please do not hesitate to email the attorney contact. For general questions or more information about any of the below, please email [email protected].
- Victims of state-sponsored terrorism eligible to recover funds under the Iran Fund
- U.S. military personnel injured by IEDs and EFPs funded by sponsors of terrorist groups
- 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund claims for sick clean-up workers and residents of lower Manhattan post 9/11.
Aviation & Transportation
- Military service members injured or killed in military aircraft accidents
- Propeller plane incidents involving propeller planes that started themselves without the key in the ignition or the starter engaged
- Commercial or Private Plane and Helicopter crashes involving all types of aircraft
- Runway Incursions, Taxiway collisions and aircraft ground collisions
- Drones and autonomous vehicle crashes including near misses with aircraft
- Tractor Trailer collisions involving tired truckers and out-of-inspection trucks
- Regularly reviewing potential whistleblower claims of all types, including SEC and qui tam
- Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, CareCentrix insurance holders, and holders of other insurance who were overcharged for in-home medical products and services
- Consumers who own a 2011-2015 model Audi or Volkswagen with a 3.0 Liter TFSI engine. Potentially defective timing chain tensioners in certain vehicles may cause engine damage.
- Consumers who purchased a Volkswagen or Audi vehicle between June 1, 2011 and the present, and suspect that it may have been illegally sold as Certified Preowned while actually being a pre-production vehicle.
- Women who’ve suffered serious side effects from Essure®, Bayer’s permanent female sterilization system
- Hernia mesh revision and other complications from manufacturers including Atrium C-QUR™, C.R. Bard mesh that use Marlex polypropylene, Johnson & Johnson Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite and Composix® Kugel® Mesh patches
- Implanted C.R. Bard or Cook Medical retrievable IVC Filters
- Pelvic/transvaginal mesh/sling devices
- Stryker® LFIT V40 Femoral Head complications requiring additional hip revision surgery
- U.S. military service members and contractors who used Dual-Ended Combat Arms Earplugs, Version 2 (CAEv2), manufactured by 3M and its predecessor Aearo during military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan between 2003 and 2015 and have been diagnosed with tinnitus or hearing loss as a result of time served in combat
- Certain staplers manufactured by J&J subsidiary, Ethicon Inc., that were recalled due to concerns that they may cause serious injuries or death.
- Women who have developed breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). In July 2019, the FDA asked manufacturer Allergan to issue a worldwide voluntary recall of its Biocell® textured breast implants and tissue expanders due to alleged links to the rare cancer.
- Type 2 diabetes medications: Byetta®, Januvia®, Janumet®, Victoza® and patients who have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
- Ovarian cancer after using talcum powder on the perineum for an extended amount of time
- Mesothelioma, and other lung diseases after inhaling asbestos-tainted talcum powder
- Patients who were prescribed an excessive dosage of chronic liver disease medication Ocaliva and later suffered serious liver injury or death
- Serious side effects, including kidney injuries, renal failure, acute interstitial nephritis, or even death after taking Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI) to treat heartburn and other ailments related to stomach acid such as GERD, ulcers and inflammation of the esophagus
- Viagra® /Revatio®, both drugs generically known as sildenafil, or people who took Cialis®/Adcirca®, both drugs generically known as taldalafil, and melanoma diagnoses
- Zinbryta® and Multiple Sclerosis (MS) patients who developed a worsening, inflammatory brain disorder, such as encephalitis or meningoencephalitis
- Zofran® taken during the first trimester of pregnancy and had a child with a birth defect
Occupational Disease & Worker Safety
Motley Rice represents workers and their families who are injured or killed by hazardous workplace exposures to toxic dusts, chemicals and defective equipment in litigation including:
- Mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases, and Jones Act cases for merchant seamen
- FELA cases for railroad workers
- Chemical flavoring-related lung disease, often first diagnosed as asthma or other respiratory illnesses, for workers in pet food, perfume, food and coffee roasting plants throughout the country. Includes exposure to diacetyl and acetyl propionyl
- Workers and consumers who suffered injuries or tragically lost their lives after using toxic paint strippers containing Methylene Chloride. The toxic chemical has been linked to hundreds of ER visits, thousands of calls to poison control, and at least 50 deaths in the U.S. since 1980
- People who’ve developed non-Hodgkin Lymphoma following toxic exposures at work, including farmers and landscapers exposed to Roundup® weed killer products or other herbicides that contain 2,4D and glyphosate
- Adverse effects caused by exposure to dioxins and PCBs that were used as coolants and lubricants in transformers, capacitors, and other electrical equipment from 1929 to 1979. (Effects include cancer or impairment of the nervous, immune, endocrine or reproductive systems)
- Workers severely injured (such as traumatic brain injury, severe burns, loss of limb or paralysis) or killed in workplace accidents, including falls and explosions
- Workplace injuries and deaths, including ones that involve worker’s compensation but may have other claims
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- CRITICAL RECALLS: Fatal or serious injuries from defective Takata airbags
- Motorists injured or killed in a wreck involving an airbag manufactured by TRW Automotive Holdings Corp., now owned by German auto parts manufacturer ZF Friedrichshafen that failed to deploy. NHTSA is currently investigating potentially faulty electrical components of the ZF-TRW airbag units that are responsible for sensing a vehicle crash and determining whether airbag deployment and other restraints are needed.
- Exploding electronic cigarettes (e-cigs) injuries serious burns and other injuries related to lithium-ion batteries
- Victims of sex and human trafficking and/or sexual assault and battery
- We will review any catastrophic injury or wrongful death case of all types referred by co-counsel
- Retirees and beneficiaries who receive retirement benefits from International Paper Company, Pactiv or Massachusetts Institute of Technology and may be owed benefits
- We, with co-counsel, filed litigation in November in the District of Rhode Island that alleges toymaker Hasbro Inc. violated federal securities law when it misled investors about the company’s reliance on faltering Toys “R” Us sales, and inflated prices while executives sold millions of dollars in personally held shares.
- We represent communities that have been impacted by environmental contamination by toxic constituents due to corporate negligence. These include damages to the residents, their property, the natural resources, as well as the impact on the agricultural resources of chemicals such as per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), or perflourinated chemicals. We have detailed information and maps, including 58 DOD-identified military sites, that we can share showing specific communities that are known to be affected.